Anonymous left a comment on my post, I can prognosticate with the best of them...": ; the comment reads: You truly are amazing. Can you shed some light on how Deepwater is going to turn out?
Yes, I am just like Mr. Kreskin... amazing...
And, now, as requested, I will prognosticate on the future of Deepwater...
- The Deepwater contractors will continue to roll in the dough, milking the Coast Guard and the American taxpayer for every cent they can find.
- The contractors will provide some stuff that works well, particularly on the aviation side. On the naval side, we'll be sucking wind for two or three decades.
- Audits will find that the fox has been guarding the hen house in terms of contractual obligations.
- It will be through the perserverence of the deckplate level that Deepwater assets actually work, the contractors forsaking their responsibilities as soon as they get their money.
- The Coast Guard will burn through all the political capital it has earned during the last 5-10 years, and we'll be back to being bastard step-children who are under micro-oversight by both Congress and political appointees in the Executive Branch. This is process is starting now; we'll have spent all our chits within 4 to 5 years.